Why It Matters
Maintaining optimal levels in health and wellness is pivotal to keep a healthier lifestyle with an improved quality of life.
Health is the state of being free from pain, illness or injury, and mental or physical conditions. Wellness is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being.
Everything we do and every emotion we feel relates to our well-being. In turn, our well-being directly affects our actions and emotions. It’s an ongoing circle. Therefore, it is important for everyone to achieve optimal wellness in order to subdue stress, reduce the risk of illness and ensure positive interactions, according to USDAVIS.
How Can I Attain This?
Keeping Our Body in Balance.
First, here are a few vitamins and minerals that may be a contribution to health:
- Vitamin C: Aids in prevention of fatal heart attacks and can hinder premature death from heart disease.
- Vitamin D: Known as sunshine vitamin because the ultraviolet B rays from sun triggers oil of the skin to produce this vitamin. Vit D works with Calcium to produce strong bones.
- Magnesium: Essential for Calcium and Vit C metabolism. A staple in conversion of blood sugar in energy (diabetes prevention) and necessary for successful nerve and muscle function.
- Potassium: Ward-off high blood pressure and critical to keep a normal
Last, here are a few ideas that facilitate mind-body homeostasis through relaxation techniques:
- Yoga – adopts a series of poses that flows with breathing technique to create physical and mental control.
- Meditation – a concentration with intention of inducing an altered state of consciousness.
- Massage – obtain integrity and repattern tissue through manual manipulation.
At Oasis Therapy, the focus toward optimal health and wellness through massage therapy. Our mission is to facilitate wellness by alleviating stress and supporting preventative health care through skillful, healing touch.
Every massage session is therapeutic either its different blend of techniques but also by manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments). This approach initiates a person’s health and well-being. Therapeutic massage blends different massage techniques.
- Promotes relaxation
- Lowers stress level
- Decreases stiffness
- Lessens migraine pain
- Reduces muscle tension
- Supports preventative health care
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Offers a therapeutic massage
If you have experienced an injury, physical stress, are in pain, or simply need to relax and unwind, you’ve come to the right place!