Every massage therapist has a different style. At Oasis Therapy, your massage session will be customized to match your body’s need according to the different types of massage techniques.
Let’s break down these Massage Techniques:
- Effleurage (Stroking) — Main uses are at the beginning or end of a massage or as connecting or linking movements.
- Petrissage — Deeper strokes applied by the fingers, thumb or heels of a hand. Kneading, picking up, wringing and rolling are all forms of petrissage.
- Tapotement — Used for stimulating and toning an area. Forms of this technique include cupping and hacking, among others.
- Frictions — Applied on the surface tissue, these are rubbing movements on the skin.
- Vibrations — Generally used to relieve fatigue and pain, these movements can help cure a certain area, creating a natural sedative.
What does this mean for you?
When you experience a massage from Oasis Therapy, we fuse together the know-how of various massage techniques-within their modalities-to enhance and/or restore your health and well-being.